In many motorcycle accidents, the collision is an unfair conflict pitting a car or truck against a person on a bike — a person with no air bag and no protection except for a helmet. Serious injuries can result:
- Brain and head injuries that can have a lifelong impact on emotions and moods, behavior and functioning
- Spinal cord damage resulting in paralysis
- Back and neck injuries that are painful and debilitating
- The loss of life of a motorcyclist
- Broken bones and injuries to joints
- Severe abrasions, contusions and cuts
- The loss of extremities to amputation
"I Didn't Even See The Motorcycle"
This is what many negligent motorists say after they hit a motorcyclist.
Sometimes a cyclist is struck while driving in a motorist's "blind spot." In other cases, a car or truck driver is speeding or cuts off a motorcycle rider. In any case in which another driver may be responsible for a biker's injuries, the biker or his or her family may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income and other damages.
What You Can Do Now
If you or a loved one experienced serious injuries caused by a driver's carelessness or failure to pay attention, you can take these important steps:
- First and foremost, get the medical care you need.
- Obtain the legal advice you need, as soon as possible.
- Do not discuss your case with another party's insurance company or accept a settlement check without talking to an experienced lawyer.
Talk To Us | Free Consultation
Every motorcycle injury case is different. Discuss your accident with Malloy Law Offices, LLC. We offer a free consultation and we handle auto accident cases on a contingency basis, so you won't need to worry about legal fees until you are awarded compensation.