pixel
CALL NOW FOR A FREE CONSULTATION (888) 607-8690
Start your free consultation

Do You Have to Go to Court to Get What Your Case Is Worth?

You may naturally assume that contacting a personal injury attorney means that you’re booking yourself a court date in the near future. However, did you know that U.S. government statistics state that only about 5% of personal injury cases go to trial? The other 95% are settled through pretrial mediations and depositions. You by no means have to go to court to receive the fair compensation you are entitled to. You can learn more about common legal misconceptions here.

Why Don’t Cases Go To Court?

Most cases, statistically speaking, don’t need to go to trial to get the full value of the case. The value of any personal injury case is not dependent on whether or not a judge or a jury sees you face to face. There isn’t any extra benefit to taking a case to court if it’s not strictly necessary.

Going to court typically takes longer than settling in advance. If a personal injury case goes to court when it’s not required, plaintiffs may experience unnecessary wait times for the same result. This may mean medical bills and other expenses begin to pile up while the victims wait for a resolution.

However, some cases do need to go to trial because further legal action and mediation is needed.

How Malloy law Offices, LLC Can Help

If you’re unsure your case needs to go to trial or can be settled pre-trial, talk to an attorney. The personal injury attorneys at Malloy Law Offices, LLC will review your case and determine the best course of action. Whether it can be settled at the negotiating table or a trip to the courthouse is required, our attorneys will fight for you to secure the maximum damages. We work on a contingency fee basis to ensure no risk to your personal finances. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.