Bird and Lime Scooter Accident Attorney
Bird and Lime scooters are becoming more and more common in the DMV. If you have been hurt on a Bird or Lime scooter, contact a Bird and Lime scooter accident lawyer at Malloy Law Offices, LLC today. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Why Choose Malloy Law Offices, LLC?
- Our personal injury attorneys have over 15 years of experience and know-how to handle Bird and Lime scooter accident claims.
- We handle all our cases on a contingency fee basis – we charge no fees unless we recover compensation for you. This approach provides injured people with access to the legal system and justice.
- Our experienced trial lawyers have the knowledge, skills, and dedication to effectively pursue maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Are Bird and Lime Scooters?
Bird, Lime, and other e-scooter companies have recently appeared across the U.S., filling city sidewalks with scooters on which riders can cover short distances quickly and affordably. This “rideshare wave of the future” is promoted as providing freedom and mobility to thousands of people at a reasonable cost. Unfortunately, e-scooters come with hazards that could expose riders, pedestrians, and motorists to the risk of injury or death.
How Do Bird and Lime Scooters Work?
Dockless electric scooters are a new mode of transportation that is growing at an unprecedented rate. To use a Bird or Lime e-scooter, you simply:
- Download the app (have your credit card and ID ready). The app will scan your ID to confirm you are over 18.
- Tap “scan to ride” and hover your phone camera over the QR code located on the left handlebar of the Bird or Lyft scooter. Wait for the screen to load.
- Push off to start the scooter and travel to your location.
- Park the scooter in an appropriate spot when you are done with your trip.
Electric Scooters Accident Data
Consumer Reports contacted 110 hospitals and five agencies in 47 cities where Bird, Lime, or both e-scooter companies operate. Hospitals reported treating hundreds of people with e-scooter injuries. An emergency department in one major city reported treating more than 350 people after e-scooter crashes. Part of the problem is that helmets are not provided with the scooters. Customers see a scooter somewhere, grab it, and go in a spur of the moment decision. Most people are not carrying helmets with them at the time.
Dangers of Bird and Lime Scooters
However, according to a Consumer Reports investigation, there have been at least 1,500 e-scooter injuries across the nation. E-scooters can present dangers not only for riders, but also for pedestrians, bicyclists, and other people around them. Once they are parked and abandoned, Bird and Lime scooters can create a tripping hazard for pedestrians. Like bicyclists and motorcyclists, e-scooter riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, which leaves them vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash or collision with a motor vehicle.
Common Injuries in Electric Scooter Accidents
Injuries commonly sustained in Bird and Lime scooter accidents include:
- Blunt head trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Fractured forearms
- Nasal fractures
- Knee injuries
- Ankle injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts and lacerations
Contact A Bird and Lime Scooter Accident Lawyer
If you have been hurt in a Lime or Bird scooter accident, contact Malloy Law Offices, LLC right away. Our experienced Bird and Lime Scooter accident attorneys are dedicated advocates for injured people.