Maryland Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injury can have long-term, life-altering consequences for victims and their families. If you or your loved one has suffered brain injury because of someone else’s negligence, call Malloy Law Offices, LLC at (888) 607-8690 to speak to a Maryland brain injury attorney today. Our personal injury lawyers have more than 15 years of experience and know how to handle brain injury cases.
Why Choose Mallow Law Offices, LLC?
- We work on a contingency fee basis, allowing injured people access to the legal system and justice. We never charge a fee unless we win a recovery for you.
- Our staff and brain injury attorneys in Maryland are committed to making a difference in our clients’ lives. We work hard, providing personalized service and strong legal representation to help you achieve your goals.
- We strongly believe that every person who is injured through the negligence of another has a right to claim the compensation he or she deserves. Our brain injury lawyers in Bethesda are dedicated to tenaciously pursuing maximum damages for brain injury victims.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines traumatic brain injury as “a disruption in the normal function of the brain that can be caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head, or a penetrating head injury.” The severity of traumatic brain injury (TBI) can range from mild to severe. Mild TBI may cause a brief change in mental status, while severe TBI can mean an extended period of unconsciousness or amnesia after a brain injury occurs.
Brain Injury Facts
As stated by the CDC:
- Traumatic brain injury is a major cause of disability and death in the U.S.
- The number of emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and deaths related to TBI increased by 53% in a recent eight-year period.
- An average of 155 people a day in the U.S. died from traumatic brain injury in a recent year.
- TBI contributed to the deaths of 56,800 people, of whom 2,529 were children.
- An estimated 812,000 children ages 17 and younger were treated in U.S. emergency rooms for a concussion or traumatic brain injury.
- TBI was diagnosed in approximately 288,000 hospitalizations.
Common Causes of Brain Injury
Different types of accidents can cause traumatic brain injury. According to the Mayo Clinic, common causes of TBI include:
- Falls: This is the leading cause of traumatic brain injury. Falls account for almost half of all TBI-related emergency room visits, affecting children and older adults particularly.
- Motor vehicle collisions: Traffic crashes involving cars, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians are a leading cause of traumatic brain injury.
- Violent acts: Domestic violence, gunshot wounds, and other forms of assault are common causes of TBI.
- Sports injuries: Traumatic brain injury occurs frequently in high-impact and extreme sports, including football, soccer, boxing, hockey, skateboarding, baseball, and lacrosse.
- Combat injuries: Explosive blasts, penetrating wounds, falls, bodily collisions with objects, and severe blows to the head with shrapnel or debris can cause TBI among active-duty military personnel.
Why You Need a Maryland Brain Injury Attorney
Brain injury is one of the most serious types of injuries an accident victim can suffer. TBI victims may experience difficulties in concentration, memory lapses, and unpredictable healing. Brain injury cases pose complicated medical and legal issues. An experienced brain injury attorney can help you pursue a recovery that will fully compensate you for your losses, now and in the future.
Connect with Malloy Law Offices, LLC
If you have suffered a brain injury in an accident that was someone else’s fault, contact Malloy Law Offices, LLC at (888) 607- 8690 to speak to an experienced brain injury attorney in Maryland right away. Our personal injury attorneys are tough advocates for brain injury victims.