Industrial Accidents Lawyer
Industrial accidents can happen unexpectedly, at any time, causing serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries. They can be caused by unsafe conditions in the workplace, even when you are correctly following procedures. If you have been hurt in an industrial accident, contact an industrial accident attorney at Malloy Law Offices, LLC today. We know what it takes to win maximum compensation for our clients.
Why Choose Malloy Law Offices, LLC?
- We believe that every accident victim has the right to claim what he or she deserves. Our experienced personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping our clients recover full and fair compensation for their losses.
- We speak Spanish and Russian, in addition to English.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, allowing injured people access to the legal system and justice. This means there is never a fee until our industrial accident attorneys in Bethesda win a recovery for you.
What Are Industrial Accidents?
An industrial accident is an incident that occurs in a factory or an industrial or production facility. According to the National Safety Council, manufacturing and production rank among the top five occupations with the highest numbers of workplace injuries resulting in days away from work. Injuries suffered in industrial accidents can range from minor to catastrophic to fatal.
Causes of Industrial Accidents
Industrial accidents may be caused by negligent or reckless actions or by unsafe workplace conditions. Factors in violation of OSHA standards that commonly contribute to industrial accidents include:
- Improperly placed ladders
- Lack of fall protection
- Lack of guarding on equipment and machinery
- Failure to meet scaffolding requirements
- Lack of hazardous energy controls
- Lack of respiratory protection
- Flawed electrical system design
- Hazardous electrical wiring methods
- Unsafe operation of powered industrial trucks
- Failure to meet hazard communication standards
Common Injuries in Industrial Accidents
When equipment malfunctions or proper safety measure are not in place, serious industrial accidents can occur. Common injuries in industrial accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Severe burn injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic eye injuries
- Degloving injuries (in which skin is completely torn away from the underlying tissue)
- Orthopedic trauma
What Are Your Options after an Industrial Accident?
Most workers injured in on-the-job industrial accidents are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Worker’s comp will pay your medical expenses connected with the injury and partially cover your lost wages if the injury leaves you disabled. However, it will not compensate you for pain and suffering, mental anguish, or other noneconomic losses. After a serious industrial accident, workers’ compensation benefits may not be enough to cover your losses.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident and injuries, you may have a personal injury claim for compensation. This type of claim is based on product liability or employer negligence and failure to provide adequate care and protection. In some cases, a personal injury lawsuit may be a better option than a workers’ compensation claim if, for example:
- You were injured on the job by a defective product.
- Your employer or co-workers were negligent in their duty.
- You were injured by a toxic substance or hazardous material at work.
- You were injured by a third party related to your work.
- Your employer is not part of the state workers’ compensation system.
Contact An Industrial Accidents Attorney Today
If you have been seriously injured in an industrial accident, call (888) 291-6445 to speak with a Bethesda industrial accidents lawyer at Malloy Law Offices, LLC as soon as possible. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can advise you of your options under the law.