Bus Accident Attorney
Normally, buses are a safe and economical form of transportation. However, when a bus accident occurs, it can cause serious or fatal injuries. If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a bus accident, contact Malloy Law Offices, LLC today to speak to a bus accident lawyer. We are dedicated to pursuing the maximum compensation for our injured clients.
Why Choose Malloy Law Offices, LLC?
- Our legal team values relationships. First and foremost, we forge a close partnership with the people we represent. You can rest assured that we will ensure your rights are protected, answer all your questions, and keep you informed of the status of your case.
- Our personal injury lawyers have more than 15 years of experience. We understand how to handle bus accident cases.
- We firmly believe that injured people have the right to claim the compensation they deserve. Our attorneys are committed to aggressively pursuing full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Bus Accident Statistics
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that:
- In a recent 10-year period, intercity buses accounted for 13% of buses involved in fatal crashes.
- School buses accounted for 40%, and transit buses accounted for 35%.
- 73 school buses and 13 intercity buses were involved in fatal crashes in a recent year.
- There were 15,000 injury crashes involving buses in a recent year.
- 25,000 people were injured in those accidents.
- The bus accident injury rate was 142.5 people injured per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can result from driver negligence, company negligence, equipment failure, or the negligence of other drivers. Common causes of bus wrecks include:
- Bus driver distraction
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Unqualified or untrained drivers
- Construction and hazardous road conditions
- Equipment defects
- Vehicle handling problems
- Weight distribution problems affecting the stability
- Lack of passenger protection
- Heavily populated urban areas with little room for maneuvering
- Poor bus maintenance
- Unsafe, top-heavy bus design
Common Injuries in Bus Accidents
Buses lack seatbelts, and passengers are often injured in a crash by striking a hard surface within the bus. Injuries commonly sustained in bus accidents include:
How Do Bus Accidents Differ from Car Accidents?
One major difference between car accidents and bus accidents is the sheer size and weight of a bus. In a collision involving a bus and a car or light truck, passenger vehicle occupants are likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries. Most buses lack seatbelts, which increases the risk of injury to passengers. Bus and car accidents also differ in terms of liability. The state is liable for injuries to passengers if the bus is a public transit carrier, while Greyhound, Amtrak, and other major bus companies carry multi-million-dollar insurance policies to cover liability for injuries to passengers, pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists.
Get In Touch with Our Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus accident injury claims can be complicated. If you have been injured in a bus accident, it is in your best interest to speak with an experienced bus accident attorney as soon as possible. Contact Malloy Law Offices, LLC for sound legal guidance and dedicated representation in your bus accident case.