Gaithersburg Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
A slip and fall accident on another person’s property can be a premises liability case with the help of a Gaithersburg slip and fall lawyer. Injuries caused by the accident can be catastrophic or cause life-long damages. No matter the level of damage, our Gaithersburg slip and fall lawyer team want to stand for what’s right. If you or a loved one want to pursue a case, schedule a free consultation to talk about your case. Continue reading for more on how the process works.
Why You Need a Gaithersburg Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), slip and fall accidents are the third most common cause of unintentional injuries, whether non-fatal or even fatal. Regardless if the negligent property owner seems guilty, there are needs to be definite proof of the carelessness. Assumptions won’t get back any compensation. However, a Gaithersburg slip and fall accident lawyer can get the proof needed for maximum compensation. There may also need to be physical and or emotional recovery from the accident. Recovering physically and emotionally can cloud judgment on a serious incident like this. You do not have to face it alone. We care, and we will do the work for you.
Why Our Gaithersburg Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers at Malloy Law Offices?
- We stand by you, so you don’t have to settle for less. Our team will get you the maximum compensation
- With more than 15 years in practice, we have gained the best connections, maximized our knowledge and built a trusting reputation
- We have a team that speaks English, Spanish and Russian, and others
Hazardous Conditions that Can Cause Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and falls happen on someone else’s hazardous property. These dangerous conditions include:
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Uneven surfaces
- Loose floorboards, rugs, or mats
- Any spilled liquids
- Potholes in parking lots
- Trash or debris on floors or walkways
- Cords that run across walkways
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see
- Broken or missing handrails in stairways
Many different injuries can happen as a result of slip and fall accidents. Below are some of the most common injuries after a slip and fall accident.
- Sprains: a twist in the ligaments (such as ankle, knee, etc.) that cause pain and swelling to damaged area but not dislocation.
- Broken Bones (AKA Fracture): a break goes through part or all of a bone. Elderly are at a higher risk for broken bones.
- Concussion: temporary unconsciousness due to an extreme hit to the head. Can cause confusion, headaches (even migraines) and, or inability to think clearly.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: a serious form of brain injury that occurs when a sudden hit to the hit to the head damages the brain.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: is damage to the back/spine that results in a loss of function, such as mobility and, or sense of feeling.
How to Prove a Negligent Party in a Slip and Fall Accident Claim
A slip and fall liability case could be considered “prima face”. That means that the injured party must be able to prove the owner of the hazardous property did not provide reasonable care in maintaining or repairing the premises, or failed to warn of the danger. To recover maximum compensation, you will need to prove what may seem obvious to you. The negligent party is technically not liable for any damages, unless there is a valid reason. That is why it is imperative to seek legal representation from a Gaithersburg slip and fall accident lawyer.
Ask Yourself This
If you are thinking about pursuing a premises liability case, there needs to be evidence that the property owner didn’t act reasonably. Before pursuing ask yourself these questions:
- Did the hazardous condition exist long enough that a reasonable property owner could have acted to eliminate it?
- Did the property owner routinely check for potential hazards on the property?
- Was there a reasonable justification for the potential hazard, and did that justification exist at the time of the slip and fall accident?
- Could the hazardous condition have been made less dangerous through preventative measures?
Whatever answers you have, note them and contact our Gaithersburg slip and fall accident lawyer ASAP. We can get you the maximum compensation for your case. The sooner you contact, the better the chance you have at getting back what you are entitled to.
Malloy Law Offices Free Consultation
The first step after a slip and fall accident is to get medical attention. But don’t wait. We want to give you the best chance for your case. Slip and fall accident cases can be tricky. Our 15 years of experience gives us the knowledge of how to work the legal system to bring justice. Contact us today at (888) 291-6445 for your free consultation. Our Gaithersburg slip and fall accident lawyer works on a contingency-fee base, which means that you will see no fees, unless we win your case. So, there is no risk to start today.