Potomac Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Careful or clumsy, slip and fall accidents can still happen. At times, there is a negligent property owner involved. Proving fault and recovering from the injury can be a dauting task. Talk to a Potomac slip and fall accident lawyer today. Accidents may happen but your health is important.
Our Potomac Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Team
Choosing a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can change your outcome for the better. Our Potomac slip and fall accident lawyer team has more than 15 years of experience. The many years we’ve had in practice has grown our connections to medical specialists that can value your case. We also:
- Strive for maximum compensation. We do not settle for less
- Value honesty, transparency, education among others
- Our team speaks English, Spanish, Russian, and more
You need an attorney that will get back what you are entitled to and have your back throughout the whole case. We are that team. Clients are not just a number to us, they are like family.
These accidents are terrible circumstances but we want to support and work for you.
Circumstances That Cause Slip And Fall Accidents
Slip and falls are a very common type of accident and can happen in a variety of ways. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), slip and fall accidents are the third most common cause of unintentional injuries. Slip and falls involve dangerous conditions. These include but are not limited to:
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Uneven surfaces
- Loose floorboards, rugs, or mats
- Any spilled liquids
- Potholes in parking lots
- Trash or debris on floors or walkways
- Cords that run across walkways
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see
- Broken or missing handrails in stairways
A slip may have caused more than just a sore body. At times, you may have been severely injured.
Injuries From Falls
Injuries might be visible right away. However, sometimes injuries don’t show up until later. Regardless of the circumstance, it’s always better to seek medical attention right away if you don’t feel right. With slip and falls can come serious injuries, such as:
- Sprains: a twist in the ligaments (such as ankle, knee, etc.) that cause pain and swelling to damaged area but not dislocation.
- Broken Bones (AKA Fracture): a break goes through part or all of a bone. Elderly are at a higher risk for broken bones.
- Concussion: temporary unconsciousness due to an extreme hit to the head. Can cause confusion, headaches (even migraines) and, or inability to think clearly.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: a serious form of brain injury that occurs when a sudden hit to the hit to the head damages the brain.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: is damage to the back/spine that results in a loss of function, such as mobility and, or sense of feeling.
Any injury could cause a lifetime of pain. It may seem easier to just contact the insurance company only but they are not your friend. They are a business too and have to make money. This is why they offer lower settlements than normal. Which is why you need a Potomac slip and fall accident lawyer to get you the maximum compensation for your claim. Once a claim is open, the evidence provided will be used to show how the property owner was negligent.
Evidence Used to Prove a Negligent Property Owner
Any type of proof you have could be used in your favor. These could include:
- An agreement letter
The more info gathered the better. This proof can be used to answer questions regarding the careless property owner.
Ask Yourself These Following Questions:
Maximum recovery is just a few questions away. Ask yourself:
- Did the hazardous condition exist long enough that a reasonable property owner could have acted to eliminate it?
- Did the property owner routinely check for potential hazards on the property?
- Was there a reasonable justification for the potential hazard, and did that justification exist at the time of the slip and fall accident?
- Could the hazardous condition have been made less dangerous through preventative measures?
It may seem obvious who is at fault but the negligent party might not outright admit fault. Without proof and without the other party admitting fault, insurance companies might make the accident look like it was your fault. The insurance company will do anything to make your injuries seem not related to the accident or seem not as serious. This is because they don’t want to give you the maximum for your recovery. They are looking out for themselves, not you. Therefore, now is the best time to contact our Potomac slip and fall accident lawyer team.
Malloy Law Offices, LLC: A Potomac Slip and Fall Lawyer That Offers a No-Risk Claim
After a slip and fall accident, seek medical attention because your health is important. Then, contact our office: (888) 635-2316 for a free case evaluation. That way if you’re unsure, you can ask our team. Starting a case is no risk because you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case. There’s no better time to start than today.