Silver Spring Slip and Fall Attorney
An injury caused by a slip and fall, no matter how serious, is always important. Over time the injured area could get worse and cause problems in the future. A Silver Spring slip and fall attorney can save the burden of not only getting back your losses in the present but making sure the injury doesn’t cause future problems. If you or a loved one have been involved in a slip and fall accident causing an injury, be aware of your rights and talk to a Silver Spring slip and fall attorney.
When Choosing Malloy Law Offices, LLC
Choosing our lawyers is the first step to recovery. Recovery is possible because:
- We believe in getting the maximum compensation for every client, no less
- Our Silver Spring slip and fall attorneys have been practicing law for more than 15 years. This has given us the experience, resources and knowledge to effectively win cases
- If you speak a language other than English, we also are fluent in Spanish, Russian, among others
Why Hire a Slip and Fall Accident Attorney?
Slip and fall accidents are the third-highest cause of unintentional injuries and even accidental deaths in the United States, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). You can hold the negligent party accountable. Rehabilitating after an injury or wrongful death without an attorney can be difficult. You might not be in the right state of mind to recover both, physically and emotionally. Our experienced attorneys can do the work for you and get back what you are entitled to. We have handle many slip and fall cases in many different situations.
Dangerous Situations Causing Slip and Fall Accidents
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Uneven surfaces
- Loose floorboards, rugs, or mats
- Slippery oil or grease
- Spilled liquids
- Potholes in parking lots
- Trash or debris on floors or walkways
- Cords that run across walkways
- Lack of lighting making it difficult to see obstacles
- Broken or missing handrails in stairways
- Sprains: A sprain is a stretching or tearing of ligaments, which are the tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect two bones together in your joints. The most common sprain happens to the ankle but can happen in many different parts of the body.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: Broken bones and fractures are one in the same. They both mean a shattered bone by excessive force.
- Concussion: A concussion is a brain injury occurring after a hard hit causing violent shaking of the head and body.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: A traumatic brain injury is like a concussion but far worse. It is a disruption in the normal function of a brain. This can cause serious long-term and life-changing problems. Some lasting effects of a TBI are seizures, change in mood, short-term memory loss, and loss of motor function.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: A back or spinal cord injury is defined as damage to the cord itself or the nerves at the end of the spinal canal. Spinal or back injury can also cause negative life-long changes. As it can cause paralysis, loss of sensation, muscle spasms, difficulty breathing when coughing or clearing the throat, and many other problems.
In all of these scenarios, you need immediate medical care. Getting a Silver Spring slip and fall attorney ASAP is crucial as well, as we can relieve the stress of the work that needs to be done after a slip and fall accident. What work is involved? Continue reading to find out.
A Slip and Fall Accident Claim in Your Favor
Slipping and falling on someone else’s property does not mean that they will admit fault or that they initially owe anything. Actually, proving that there was negligence causing the slip and fall will turn your claim around in your favor. In order to prove that there was negligent behavior by the property owner, you must show that:
- The property owner should have recognized the dangerous condition and repaired it, or removed the danger but failed to do so (key questions are whether a reasonable person would have known the condition was hazardous and whether the property owner had sufficient opportunity to remedy the situation before your accident occurred.); or,
- The property owner actually caused the dangerous condition leading to your accident, and it was reasonably foreseeable that someone could trip and fall because of the hazard.
However, getting maximum recovery after a slip and fall accident is not easy. Dealing with the physical and/or emotional recovery from the accident along with proving the negligent party wrong, can be exhausting. With our many years of experience, we can get the maximum for you. We also have connections to some of the best Silver Spring slip and fall attorneys that will bring value to your case.
Proving Negligence: Did the Property Owner Act Reasonably?
A property owner who purposefully doesn’t keep their property safe, can be proof that they acted negligently. The proof has to be handled the right way. Otherwise, the property owner can walk away with no repercussions. To prove they were wrong, you have to ask these questions:
- Was the hazardous condition there long enough for the property owner to notice it and fix it?
- Did the property owner routinely check if there were any hazardous conditions?
- Was there a reasonable justification for the potential hazard? And, did that justification exist at the time of the slip and fall accident?
- Could the hazardous condition have been made less dangerous through preventative measures?
Contact Us Today
You never have to deal with a slip and fall accident alone. If you or a loved one have been involved with a slip and fall accident, contact us today! Our experienced Silver Spring slip and fall attorney not only can get you the maximum compensation, but we also care about you personally, and will make sure you are up to date on the whole process. Contact us today at (888) 291-6445, and start with our free consultation.