Takoma Park Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice injuries can create uncertain circumstances. The injury can sometimes go unnoticed for a while. Needless to say it can change your life forever. With this kind of uncertainty, thinking straight is very difficult. A Takoma Park medical malpractice lawyer can not only work for you but with you. Hiring a lawyer may seem intimidating but can greatly help your circumstance. Our team is here to ease your mind.
Why Choose Us As Your Takoma Park Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Our relationships with clients are different than most other firms. Instead of just working on the case, we also value education and want to make sure our clients know every step of the process. This way people don’t feel intimidated by hiring a personal injury lawyer. Nonetheless, we also:
- Have many years of experience handling personal injury claims. Our law firm has been going since 2004. We know how to get real results for medical malpractice lawsuits
- Have handled large cases against major corporations. If we need to go up against a hospital or health insurance company, we will not back down
- Operate using on a contingency fee basis. You won’t have to pay a thing unless we win your case
Choosing a Takoma Park medical malpractice lawyer doesn’t have to be difficult anymore. Here at Malloy Law Office, LLC we will not only do the work for you but also inform you on every step of the process, so you are not going in blindly. We’ve practiced in personal injury law for so many years that we’ll know what you are entitled to and what is considered medical malpractice.
Medical Malpractice Injuries and How They Happen
A wrongful act by a medical specialist could lead to life-changing injuries. This is why doctors and medical professionals have a high responsibility to keep their patients safe. Whether a misdiagnosis or a botched surgery, medical malpractice could derive from:
- Anesthesia overdoses/anesthesia awareness
- Birth injuries and preventable birth defects
- Emergency room malpractice
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Intubation errors and brain damage
- Negligent or insufficient patient care
- Prescription and medication mistakes
- Surgical and operating room errors
Regardless of how the negligence occurred, you could be entitled to compensation. Insurance companies exist to protect you from cases as such, however they are a business as well. This means that they need to make money, sometimes with the wrong intentions in mind. You could be receiving less than your recovery. What happens then? That is where a Takoma Park medical malpractice lawyer can let you know the value of your case.
How to Know if You Have a Medical Malpractice Case
If you suspect any type of medical negligence, document everything. Any kind of pain or discomfort you are feeling along with which hospital you suspect is the guilty party. You want to remember the details as fresh as possible after suspecting any issues. We are all human, so we might not always remember every detail. When it comes to even the small details in this case, everything matters. Some of the pieces of info that may concern a medical injury are:
- Statute of limitations. You or your lawyer must bring your lawsuit within five years of the date the defendant committed the malpractice or within three years of discovering your injury (whichever is first).
- Getting a certificate of a qualified expert. A medical expert must swear under oath that he or she has reviewed your case and believes you have a valid claim.
- The burden of proof. As a plaintiff, you or your lawyer will have to prove the defendant caused your injuries in a way that another medical professional would not have in the same circumstances.
It’s obvious that there is a lot to consider after a medical injury. Working with a Takoma Park medical malpractice lawyer can assure that all bases are covered and you get the maximum compensation for your claim.
Reach Out to Our Takoma Park Medical Malpractice Lawyer Team
Facing medical malpractice alone is always an option. However, recovering from an injury and handling medical specialists and insurance companies at the same time can be overwhelming. Our lawyers are open to talking about the possibility of having us on your team. We offer free consultations, so there is no risk to reach out and make and informed decision. As well as, there is no fee unless we win your case. When you notice an issue after a medical procedure or change in medication among others, contact our Takoma Park medical malpractice team.