Wheaton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Dealing with someone else’s fault can be just as stressful as the injury itself. A slip and fall accident injury can be catastrophic or get worse over time. No matter how severe the injury, a Wheaton slip and fall accident lawyer may be able to lead you in the right direction and let you know if you have a personal injury case. Getting compensation may seem as simple as contacting the insurance company but they will not make it easy on you. Proving all parts of your accident is no easy job. Our Wheaton slip and fall accident lawyer team want to do the work for you. Hiring a lawyer may seem intimidating but we are here to ease your mind and clear up any questions.
Why Hire a Wheaton Slip and Fall Accident Attorney?
Slip and fall negligence is more common than it may seem. These personal injury accidents are the third most common cause of unintentional injuries and even accidental deaths in the United States, as stated by the National Safety Council. Injuries from these accidents can affect your life. Recovering mentally and emotionally, along with physically is a lot of work. Adding the stress of getting back compensation can be too much for one person. Especially when making sure you get the entirety back of what you’re entitled to.
Slip and fall accidents are a broad case category. What would be considered a personal injury claim?
Slip and Fall Situations
Certain situations could lead to a personal injury case. Slip and fall cases happen where there is/are:
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Uneven surfaces
- Loose floorboards, rugs, or mats
- Slippery oil or grease
- Spilled liquids
- Potholes in parking lots
- Trash or debris on floors or walkways
- Cords that run across walkways
- Lack of lighting making it difficult to see obstacles
- Broken or missing handrails in stairways
Insurance companies are meant to help you after a slip and fall accident. None the less, they are a business and they need to make money, even if that means reducing your settlement.
What to Expect From Insurance Companies
The thought of handling an accident on your own seems less stressful. Maybe it’s the thought of saving money and especially time. This is not the case. Insurance companies might try and make you believe that what they are offering is enough. At times, they will give you a timeline and pressure you into taking their settlement. Don’t settle. You can get the maximum with a Wheaton slip and fall accident lawyer. The insurance companies don’t want you to hire a lawyer, for a reason that will benefit you. However, gathering proof is just as important as talking to a lawyer.
Evidence Needed for a Slip and Fall Accident Case
Getting any compensation is never guaranteed. The party at-fault can always deny facts and shift the blame to you. This is why proof is important to any personal injury case. Evidence can be used against the negligent property owner. Some of the necessary information needed is:
- Evidence that the property owner should have recognized the hazardous condition and repaired it, or removed the danger but failed to do so (key questions are whether a reasonable person would have known the condition was hazardous and whether the property owner had sufficient opportunity to remedy the situation before your accident occurred.); or,
- If the property owner actually caused the dangerous condition leading to your accident, and it was a condition that could’ve been seen by the property owner.
To break it down, ask yourself these questions:
- Was the hazardous condition there long enough for the property owner to notice it and fix it?
- Did the property owner routinely check if there were any hazardous conditions?
- Was there a reasonable justification for the potential hazard? And, did that justification exist at the time of the slip and fall accident?
- Could the hazardous condition have been made less dangerous through preventative measures?
Proving negligence is possible but getting the maximum for your recovery can be challenging. Insurance companies may use your evidence against you. Always be careful and cautious how you speak to insurance companies and what you say. As well as, take the time to recover your mental, physical and emotional health. A slip and fall accident lawyer can take the weight off your shoulders.
Getting a lawyer may seem too overwhelming but we at Malloy Law Offices, LLC want you to take care of the work for you. We have what’s called the Malloy System meaning that we believe in always being transparent, being honest, and striving for the best among others. We genuinely care about people and want to build relationships beyond professional.
Start With a Free Consultation
We at Malloy Law Offices understand the financial burden that a slip and fall injury holds. Our free consultation and contingency fee offers no risk to clients, so the financial burden is taken off their shoulders. You will not just be a number but another family member. Contact us today at (888) 635-2316, and we will get you to treatment right away. The sooner the better the outcome for your personal injury case.