Alexandria Truck Accident Lawyer Working Tirelessly to Secure Compensation For Victims
The highways in Alexandria are full of commercial trucks that are used to transport goods around the country. These trucks are much bigger and heavier than other vehicles on the road, which makes them capable of causing more damage in the event of a collision. In fact, many truck accidents cause severe, life-threatening injuries or even worse, fatalities.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Discuss your legal options with the truck accident lawyers at Malloy Law Offices, LLC as soon as possible.
Who is At Fault For Truck Accidents in Alexandria?
A number of parties could be held liable for injuries sustained in a truck accident, starting with the truck driver. Many truck accidents are caused by the truck driver’s negligence. Examples of truck driver negligence include distracted driving, intoxicated driving, speeding, and reckless driving. If an accident occurs due to the driver’s negligence, the driver is liable for your injuries.
The trucking company that employs the truck driver can also be held liable if the accident was caused by truck driver negligence. Trucking companies can face liability for other reasons, too. For example, if an accident occurs due to a trucking company’s failure to comply with federal trucking regulations, the company is liable for the victims’ injuries.
The company that loaded the cargo onto the truck can be held liable if the accident was caused by improperly loaded or unsecured cargo.
Finally, parts manufacturers can face liability if the accident was caused by a defective part on the truck.
How Do I Get Compensated For My Injuries After A Truck Accident?
There are a number of steps you must take after a truck accident in order to recover compensation for your injuries. Here’s what to do:
- Call 9-1-1 at the scene of the accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- If possible, gather evidence at the scene of the accident. Take photos of the damage, your visible injuries, and the positioning of the vehicles involved. Ask witnesses for their contact information so you can get in touch with them later to find out what they saw.
- Seek legal representation from the truck wreck attorneys at Malloy Law Offices, LLC.
- Let our attorneys conduct a thorough investigation into the accident to determine why it occurred. We may review the evidence you gathered at the scene, hire expert witnesses to reconstruct the accident or inspect the truck, obtain personnel records from the trucking company, secure the data from the truck’s black box, and interview witnesses.
- We will analyze the evidence gathered during the investigation to determine which parties should be held liable for your injuries.
- Then, we will calculate the value of your claim and begin aggressively negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company. These negotiations often result in a settlement that will cover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- If negotiations are unsuccessful, we will take your case to court and continue fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Let the trucking accident attorneys at Malloy Law Offices, LLC guide you through the process of obtaining compensation for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File A Truck Accident Lawsuit in Virginia?
Taking legal action may not seem like a priority when you are recovering from truck accident injuries, but it should be. This is because the law limits the amount of time that you have to file a personal injury lawsuit against the party that was responsible for the truck accident. In Virginia, the statute of limitations for truck accidents is two years, so victims will only have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
Don’t wait until the statute of limitations has expired to take legal action. If you file a lawsuit after the two-year deadline has passed, the court will dismiss your case, leaving you unable to recover compensation for your injuries.
Arrange A Free Consultation With Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Alexandria
The truck accident attorneys at Malloy Law Offices, LLC are proud to represent motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists who have been injured in an accident with a commercial truck. We use our extensive experience and resources to help our clients secure the compensation they deserve. Learn more about how we can help by setting up a no-cost consultation with our team. To schedule a free consultation, call 703-214-4752 or submit your information using the form on this website.