Potomac Medical Malpractice Attorney
Doctors and medical specialists have a huge responsibility to keep their patients safe. Unfortunately, at times a misdiagnosis or botched surgery can happen even if one detail is missed. If this is the case, you could be entitled to a larger settlement from what the insurance company is offering you. Get back to health with a Potomac Medical Malpractice Attorney.
Medical malpractice is one of the leading causes of accident injuries in the United States. When medical negligence occurs, contact our Potomac medical malpractice attorney team because we can let you know what you are entitled to. We will also send you to trusted doctors and specialists for treatment, so you don’t have to worry about being hurt again. Take charge because doctors and insurance companies don’t have the final say.
Why Choose Us As Your Potomac Medical Malpractice Attorney
Our team of experienced lawyers have been practicing since 2004. Throughout, our many years, we have taken on all types of medical negligence. We know our way around the legal field to efficiently work on a claim and know the true value of you case.
Our law firm has what’s called the ‘Malloy System’. This means that we see you not as a number, but as family. We also value education because it is important that you know every step of the process. This way you are never unsure about anything. Details matter, so we will make sure to leave no stone unturned. We could go on about why to choose us, but this is not a sales pitch. We want to make sure that we inform you about the real truth of medical malpractice cases.
If you have experienced any kind of medical negligence, remember that insurance companies don’t always have your back. They exist to help but they are a business as well. Which means they may offer a lower settlement and take advantage of you. This is the reality of medical negligence, so make sure you are aware. If you are unsure about if you may have a medical malpractice case, continue reading.
Medical Malpractice Cases
This type of tragedy can cause serious injuries. Therefore, it is important to know what may cause and what qualifies as medical malpractice. This situation can start as:
- Anesthesia overdoses/anesthesia awareness
- Birth injuries and preventable birth defects
- Emergency room malpractice
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Intubation errors and brain damage
- Negligent or insufficient patient care
- Prescription and medication mistakes
- Surgical and operating room errors
Some common injuries that can come from medical malpractice include but are not limited to
- bowel perforation
- nicked arteries
- nerve damage
- operating on the wrong body part
- leaving medical instruments or other objects inside the patient
- and errors with anesthesia
Some other serious injuries can include
- bone misalignment
- infection from poorly maintained surroundings or unchanged dressings
- failure to recommend a diagnostic or preventative procedure
- failure to perform a test or diagnostic procedure in a timely manner
- no monitor of the patient
You have the option to handle a medical injury on your own but also know you have the option to hire an experienced lawyer. Recovering physically, mentally and emotionally is already a lot to ask of someone. Let alone adding financial compensation to the mix. A Potomac medical malpractice attorney can work on your case and refer you to a trusted medical specialist. We are all looking out for your best interest.
Once you have decided to hire an attorney, what’s next?
Hiring a Potomac Medical Malpractice Attorney & Next Steps
Your next steps after hiring a personal injury attorney is recover. An attorney will make sure you have the right evidence and documents to give them but other than that, focus on treating. The point of a lawyer is so you don’t have the stress about actually proving your case. All we ask is that you make sure to get back to health as best as you can. Focus on yourself. As far as documents go, there may be a few pieces of evidence you may need to provide to prove medical negligence.
Certain pieces of information will only help your case. Moreover, if you are thinking to pursue a medical malpractice case, keep in mind dates and other pieces of proof. Things like:
- Statute of limitations. There are different deadlines in every US state and many expectations to this rule. It’s always better to file as soon as you detect something wrong after a doctor visit or change in medication.
- Getting a certificate from a qualified expert. A medical expert must swear under oath that he or she has reviewed your case and believes you have a valid claim.
- Having a “burden of proof” letter. As a plaintiff, you or your lawyer will have to prove the defendant caused your injuries in a way that another medical professional would not have in the same circumstances. Sometimes the negligent party will admit fault by giving you a burden of proof.
With the help of a lawyer, you can get all these documents and dates together efficiently. With this type of lawsuit, you don’t want to miss any pieces of information. When you are thinking about hiring a lawyer, contact our team. There’s never a risk to contact us now.
No Risk With our Potomac Medical Malpractice Attorney at Malloy Law Offices, LLC
Doctors are meant to be trusted but when they can’t, talk to us. We offer free consultation and work on a contingency fee basis, which means no fees unless you get full recovery. Contact us by calling (888) 982-0906 or click here to talk with our team today. Our team at Malloy Law Offices, LLC will take the burden for you, while you only focus on recovery.