Silver Spring Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice is an injury caused by a medical procedure gone wrong. It is a serious situation and could cause life-changing outcomes. At times, the injury could show up right away, for example a botched surgery. Other times, a misdiagnosis may not sure up until later. Your health is important, so while you recover, let a Silver Spring medical malpractice lawyer stand by you.
Speak to our Silver Spring medical malpractice lawyer team if you ever feel injured after a medical procedure. It’s always better to ask than to risk your health. Medical negligence is a serious matter but speak up now and you not only have an experienced legal team but also a supportive family.
Malloy Law Office Team As Your Silver Spring Medical Malpractice Lawyer
We opened our law firm in 2004 and have been going strong ever since. We enjoy helping others find resolution in their injury situations. You will not be a number in our eyes but a member of our Malloy family. Our firm offers:
- Experience in getting the maximum compensation for your case. We have over 15 years of experience handling personal injury claims.
- Commitment to you. Our Silver Spring medical malpractice lawyers have handled large cases against major corporations. If we need to go up against a hospital or health insurance company, we will not back down.
- A contingent fee arrangement, where you don’t pay anything out of pocket and there’s no fee unless we win your case.
Contact us for your free case evaluation as soon as possible. The sooner to start your case the better, as there are medical malpractice deadlines to meet. Still unsure if you have a medical malpractice case? There are common scenarios that lead to a personal injury claim.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice Claims
Medical specialists have a critical job. That’s why these injuries could end up being more serious. Many issues lead to medical negligence. Issues for example:
- Anesthesia overdoses/anesthesia awareness
- Birth injuries and preventable birth defects
- Emergency room malpractice
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Intubation errors and brain damage
- Negligent or insufficient patient care
- Prescription and medication mistakes
- Surgical and operating room errors
Many other situations can arise from medical malpractice. It may seem impossible to get compensation from a doctor, hospital, physical therapist, among others. However, you shouldn’t have to suffer from someone else’s mistake. This is why it’s critical to get a Silver Spring medical malpractice lawyer. While you are making a comeback with your health, your mind may be clouded. You may not be thinking straight after a personal injury. An attorney will be a clear mind and legal help that is needed.
After making a decision to hire an attorney, what’s next? There are a few actions you can take after noticing an injury from a medical procedure.
Next Steps After An Injury
When you notice an injury after a medical procedure, seek a second medical opinion. If you don’t know of any other medical specialist you can trust, talk to your attorney about suggestions. Certain doctors may be able to value your claim.
Also, make sure you document your previous experience. Have the details fresh in your mind, so you remember important facts. Getting pictures if the injury is visible and become worse is important. Other facts to make sure and consider is:
- Statute of limitations. There are different deadlines in every US state and many expectations to this rule. It’s always better to file right away.
- Getting a certificate from a qualified expert. A medical expert must swear under oath that he or she has reviewed your case and believes you have a valid claim.
- Having a “burden of proof” letter. As a plaintiff, you or your lawyer will have to prove the defendant caused your injuries in a way that another medical professional would not have in the same circumstances. Sometimes the negligent party will admit fault by giving you a burden of proof.
Dealing with medical malpractice can be overwhelming. None the less, we will do everything in our power to make sure you are treated. Our team will come to you if you are in the hospital or unable to meet with us. We will even get you the needed transportation, if you prefer. We are ready to do the work for you on your behalf.
An Experienced Silver Spring Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you are unsure, start with our no-risk free consultation. Schedule a consultation online with our medical malpractice lawyer or by calling (888) 635-2316. It may seem daunting to hire a lawyer but it could change your life for the better. Don’t wait, the sooner you start your claim the better.