Wheaton Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice can be defined as an injury that occurred after and from a medical procedure. Doctors are meant to be trusted but at times carelessness could be involved. The injury could happen right away like a botched surgery or take time to develop like a misdiagnosis. Whatever the circumstance a Wheaton medical malpractice lawyer can handle the legal aspects, while you get back to health.
An injury after a medical procedure is tragic. While you are recovering, a lawyer can value your case and make sure you get the maximum compensation. You need a highly experienced attorney for medical negligence. Our team is ready to stand by your side.
Our Experts at Malloy Law Offices as Your Wheaton Medical Malpractice Lawyer Team
Our team has a value proposition called the Malloy system. With the Malloy system you are not a number but family that we want to help and support. Our firm also offers:
- Experience in getting the maximum compensation for your case. We’ve been practicing since 2004, which has given us many years of real-world experience
- Commitment to you. Our Wheaton medical malpractice lawyer team has handled large cases against major corporations. If we need to go up against a hospital or health insurance company, we will be more than ready
- A contingent fee system, where you don’t pay anything out of pocket and there’s no fee unless we win your case
Even if the injury appeared at a later time contact us as soon as possible. There are specific deadlines involving medical malpractice law that need to be met to open a claim. These types of cases could form many different injuries, so once you discover it, don’t wait.
Common Reasons for Medical Malpractice
Medical negligence can happen in a variety of ways. Doctors have a high-stakes job, so it’s important that they pay close attention to everything during a medical procedure. Otherwise what could happen is:
- Anesthesia overdoses/anesthesia awareness
- Birth injuries and preventable birth defects
- Emergency room malpractice
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Intubation errors and brain damage
- Negligent or insufficient patient care
- Prescription and medication mistakes
- Surgical and operating room errors
These are just a few situations that could arise due to medical malpractice. No matter the situation, you can still recover what was lost. Insurance companies are meant to help you but in the end they are a business as well. Which means they will try to find ways to cut corners and pay less than what you are entitled to. This is why it’s crucial to have a Wheaton medical malpractice lawyer on your side. They can work the legal logistics while you recover your health.
If you’ve decided to hire a lawyer, what are your next steps?
Next Steps After An Medical Procedure Injury
When you can’t trust your doctor, have confidence. Typically a medical negligence attorney can find trusted doctors and or medical specialists for your case. Our team has connections to some of the best doctors and treatment centers to value a claim. Your treatment is important but also make sure you have proof of your previous doctor’s carelessness.
Make sure you document your previous experience. Have the details fresh in your mind, so you remember important facts. Write it down if you need to. Also, get pictures of your injuries. Remember when you are gathering everything, make sure to consider:
- Statute of limitations. There are different deadlines in every US state and many expectations to this rule. It’s always better to file right away.
- Getting a certificate from a qualified expert. A medical expert must swear under oath that he or she has reviewed your case and believes you have a valid claim.
- Having a “burden of proof” letter. As a plaintiff, you or your lawyer will have to prove the defendant caused your injuries in a way that another medical professional would not have in the same circumstances. Sometimes the negligent party will admit fault by giving you a burden of proof.
Dealing with this alone is overwhelming. We want to help bring you results and justice. Our team will make sure you are taken care of and heard.
Call Our Wheaton Medical Malpractice Lawyer Firm ASAP
Speak with us if you are unsure about hiring a lawyer. We understand. It’s all free with our consultation by calling (888) 635-2316. Hiring a lawyer seems daunting but in the end could change your life for the better. Our team is ready to get you the maximum compensation.