Bethesda T-Bone Collision Attorney
A side impact or T-bone crash is one of the most serious car accidents. Often times, you likely followed the rules like normal on the road and suddenly get hit on the side of your car. Injuries in these side-impact crashes can be catastrophic. As reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), side-impact collisions accounted for 5,622 (24%) of all passenger vehicle occupant deaths in U.S. traffic crashes in a recent year. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a T-bone collision, contact Malloy Law Offices, LLC today. Our T-bone collision lawyers are committed to pursuing the maximum compensation in these cases.
Common Injuries in Bethesda T-Bone Crashes
T-bone car accidents are extremely dangerous as there is very little impact-absorbing material in a side impact wreck. How is it different? The answer is simple, in a side-impact crash, the person on the side of the wreck usually has the most serious injuries because the front bumper of the other vehicle impacts directly the side of the car where there is no bumper, less metal, and less space between the passenger and the door. Car accidents that happen in the front or back have a higher space in between the material and the passenger. They usually contain a front or rear bumper, the hood or truck, and also the dashboard. None of which are present in the side of the car. Common T-bone accident injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions and worse
- Neck injuries that may include a herniated disc, spinal cord injury, or whiplash
- Back injuries including spinal cord damage, paralysis, and/or nerve damage
- Chest, pelvic and abdominal injuries
- Broken bones dislocated joints
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn tendons, muscles, and ligaments
How Do T-Bone Collisions Occur?
There are many reasons that explain why a t-bone collision occurred. Some of the most common are:
- Did not yield: At an intersection where there is a four-way stop, all drivers must stop. Some drivers do not, which can lead to a serious side impact wreck.
- Ran red light: Too many drivers speed up as a light is going red instead of stopping as the law requires.
- Turned across lanes: In heavy traffic areas, it is common for drivers to turn across traffic when it is dangerous to do so. Trying to beat oncoming traffic on a left turn is rarely worth it and dangerous.
- Failed to properly assess oncoming traffic: Drivers usually look in both directions before they turn right on red. This is often not enough. Drivers have to look very carefully before merging into traffic.
- Reckless driving: Sometimes people simply drive too fast for conditions and cause a T-bone wreck.
- Drunk driving: DWI kills thousands of people per year in America, and many are impacts from the side.
- Distracted driving: Too many people run stop signs and red lights because they are distracted by their smartphones.
- Bad weather: Rain, snow, and fog can make it harder for drivers to stop. But drivers are required to slow down when weather conditions degrade.
Why You Need a Bethesda T-bone Collision Lawyer
Every car accident will involve different scenarios, people, and vehicles. Recovering as much money as possible for your accident injuries means that liability has to be proven. To enhance your odds of receiving a high level of compensation, it is important to select an experienced and proven personal injury attorney in your state. Our experienced Bethesda personal injury attorneys can:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident
- Obtain and preserve evidence to support your claim
- Construct a compelling case based on the facts
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight for your rights in court, if necessary
Why Choose Malloy Law Offices, LLC?
We are committed to helping our clients recover the maximum possible compensation and place high importance on helping them achieve their goals. With 15+ years of experience, our personal injury attorneys understand how to handle car accident cases of any sort.
If you or your loved one suffered injuries when another driver broadsided your vehicle, your best course of action is to speak with an experienced T-bone collision lawyer as soon as possible. Callto get in touch with a personal injury lawyer at Malloy Law Offices, LLC right away for the dedicated legal representation you need after a serious T-bone collision.