Bethesda Head-On Collision Lawyer
Head-on collisions are among the deadliest of all types of car crashes. If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a head-on collision caused by another driver, contact a Bethesda head-on collision attorney at Malloy Law Offices, LLC in Bethesda, MD today. We know how to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Malloy Law Offices, LLC?
- Our legal team is committed to helping you recover maximum compensation for the losses you have suffered. We believe that every victim of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence has the right to claim what he or she deserves.
- Our personal injury lawyers in Bethesda place high importance on helping our clients achieve their goals. Our attorneys and staff strive to make a difference in our clients’ lives through excellent, personalized service, strong legal knowledge, and hard work.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, allowing accident victims access to the legal system and justice. You pay us no fees until we recover compensation for you.
What Makes Head-On Collisions So Deadly?
The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports that 3,511 fatal head-on collisions occurred in the U.S. in a recent year, accounting for 10.2% of all fatal traffic crashes. When two vehicles collide head-on at high speeds, both vehicles come to a sudden stop. When this happens, drivers and passengers inside the vehicles continue moving at the original speed of impact, crashing into surfaces of the vehicle and each other, sustaining impact injuries. Penetrating injuries can occur from flying pieces of glass, plastic, or metal broken off in the crash.
How Do Head-On Collisions Occur?
Most head-on collisions are caused by negligence. They can occur when one vehicle crosses into a lane of oncoming traffic or travels in the wrong direction on a one-way road. Factors contributing to head-on crashes include:
- Fatigued driving (drivers falling asleep at the wheel)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Passing improperly on a two-lane highway
- Ignoring traffic signs or signals
- Failure to adjust driving behavior to poor road conditions or visibility
Common Injuries in Head-On Accidents
The faster the vehicles are traveling, the more severe injuries are likely to be in a head-on crash. Common injuries in head-on collisions include:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injuries
- Leg injuries
- Fractured bones
- Internal organ damage
What Damages Can You Claim for a Head-On Collision?
If you have been injured in a head-on crash caused by someone else’s negligence in Maryland, you may be entitled to claim compensatory economic and noneconomic damages.
- Economic damages are designed to compensate you for specific, direct costs, such as property damage, medical expenses, and lost wages due to the accident.
- Noneconomic damages are compensation for more abstract losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, and loss of consortium (companionship with one’s husband or wife).
Why You Need a Bethesda Head-On Collision Attorney
After a head-on collision with serious injuries, an experienced Bethesda head-on collision lawyer can help you build the strongest possible case. Our attorneys can thoroughly investigate your accident and compile all the evidence to support your claim. We can negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf, and we will not hesitate to take your case to trial, if necessary, to recover full and fair compensation for your losses.
Contact Malloy Law Offices, LLC Today
Head-on crashes can cause serious injuries, requiring extensive medical treatment and time away from work. Call (888) 607-8690 to contact the Bethesda head-on collision lawyer at Malloy Law Offices, LLC right away if you or your loved one has been the victim of a head-on collision.